Users choosing workflow

If a user creates a content item which is allowed in several workflows and that users community role has access to all workflows can a user choose which workflow to submit the content item to?

Yes, you can expose the workflow name/id in a dropdown control.

I believe that all you have to do is change the visibility rule on the sys_workflowappid field in the content type (in the Content Design view of the Workbench). You probably also want to set a reasonable Default value.

Dave

Hello,

I have enabled the workflow field in a content type. And it seems to be doing the job. But there is one wierd thing: If I choose the non-default workflow from the dropdown, it gets saved correctly, and I see the new workflow in the properties. But in the Content Editor, the dropdown is defaulting to the original workflow.

Any way I can fix this? This is a problem, because if they go in to edit the item again, they’ll have to set the workflow manually every time or it will get changed back to the old workflow.

[QUOTE=dbenua;2796]Yes, you can expose the workflow name/id in a dropdown control.

I believe that all you have to do is change the visibility rule on the sys_workflowappid field in the content type (in the Content Design view of the Workbench). You probably also want to set a reasonable Default value.

Dave[/QUOTE]

You can try adding a condition on the visibility that only shows the workflow id when the content id (the sys_contentid HTML parameter) is null.

If I recall correctly, the workflow control only works on initial input. Once the item has been created, the server will NEVER change the workflow, even if the sys_workflowid parameter gets changed in the front end form. The server will ignore the parameter.

This might be a little hard for your users to swallow, but they can simply ignore the field except when inserting a new item.

Dave

OK. That’s good to know.

[QUOTE=dbenua;8632]You can try adding a condition on the visibility that only shows the workflow id when the content id (the sys_contentid HTML parameter) is null.

If I recall correctly, the workflow control only works on initial input. Once the item has been created, the server will NEVER change the workflow, even if the sys_workflowid parameter gets changed in the front end form. The server will ignore the parameter.

This might be a little hard for your users to swallow, but they can simply ignore the field except when inserting a new item.

Dave[/QUOTE]