using JCR query to get all items in same folder

Hi

I want to be able to list all items in the same folder as the list. I thought this would be easy to do using a JCR query but it doesn’t return any results.

My query is

select rx:sys_contentid, rx:sys_folderid, jcr:path, rx:sys_contentstartdate from rx:spctGeneralPage where rx:sys_folderid = 320

It seems that I can’t use the rx:sys_folderid in the where clause. Is there another way of doing this?

Cheers
James

Yes, the jcr:path is a path, and it doesn’t work with an id.

The simplest way to get the folder path for an existing item is to use the
psoFolders function (in the PSOToolkit)

$user.psoFolders.getParentFolderPath($sys.item.GUID) 

should return the path of the current item. Put this in a binding variable and use the binding variable in your JCR Query.

I believe that there is an example of this in the 6.5 developers training course, so if you have the training manual you should be able to find a worked example.

Dave

Hi Dave

All working now, I don’t I installed the toolkit correctly as the function wasn’t appearing. Re-installed and all working fine.

Cheers
James

The JCR queries use a pseudo property called

jcr:path

instead. So you could have something like this:

where jcr:path = '//Sites/myfolder/childfolder'

or

where jcr:\path like '//Sites/myfolder/%'

other patterns using % will work, and you can have several such clauses to select from multiple folder paths. In fact if you want a specific folder and all of it’s children you really need to do something like this:

where jcr:\path = '//parentpath' or jcr:\path like '//parentpath/%'