using PSOThumbnailGenerator to process image when its added to a content item.

Hi All

I hope someone can help with this.

I’m trying to use the PSOThumbNailGenerator in our Rhythmyx 6.7 installation so that when someone adds an image to a content item, it will automatically place a thumbnail version in the 2nd image slot for that content item.

I’ve been trying to do this in the workbench by adding it to either the pre-processing extensions or the input transforms of the content type in question.

Is this the right way to go about this? if so what parameters to I put in the sourcefieldname and the thumbnailfieldname? I’ve been trying to put it as the img1 field that contains the hugeblob in the db and img2 as the thumbnail field.

Or do I use the thumbnail generator in the template when the page is compiled.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Matt

The PSO Thumbnail Generator is used to populate a second binary field on the same content type with a scaled down image. You need to have a content type with 2 different image fields. You define the thumbnail generator as an “Item Input Transform” (in the content type definition in the Workbench) and pass it the names of the original (source) image field and thumbnail field.

In your case you need to simply pass “img1” and “img2”, you are not trying to pass the binary, only the name.

Dave