Velocity Calendar Template

I am trying to re-do our calendar templates based off the fast-forward calendar template provided with V6.5.2. In the binding variables, for $month the value is: $rx.calendarMontModel.assign($sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:calendar_start’).Date). This is causing an error when i try to preview the page. does anoyone know what the $rx.calendarMonthModel does?

Thanks
Raj

It is a helper class that exposes functions that are useful to build a visual calendar such as the # of weeks in a month (i.e. the number of rows in the calendar) and the day that the first day of the month starts on (to determine blanks at the beginning of the calendar.)

There is a mispelling in what you posted (Mont instead of Month.) If you still have the problem, post the error message.

Thanks Paul

Here is the error message i get from the debug window:
$month=Could not find method assign for object [null] and arguments [java.util.GregorianCalendar[time=1185940800000,areFieldsSet=true,areAllFieldsSet=true,lenient=true,zone=sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id=“US/Eastern”,offset=-18000000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,transitions=235,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=US/Eastern,offset=-18000000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,startYear=0,startMode=3,startMonth=2,startDay=8,startDayOfWeek=1,startTime=7200000,startTimeMode=0,endMode=3,endMonth=10,endDay=1,endDayOfWeek=1,endTime=7200000,endTimeMode=0]],firstDayOfWeek=1,minimalDaysInFirstWeek=1,ERA=1,YEAR=2007,MONTH=7,WEEK_OF_YEAR=31,WEEK_OF_MONTH=1,DAY_OF_MONTH=1,DAY_OF_YEAR=213,DAY_OF_WEEK=4,DAY_OF_WEEK_IN_MONTH=1,AM_PM=0,HOUR=0,HOUR_OF_DAY=0,MINUTE=0,SECOND=0,MILLISECOND=0,ZONE_OFFSET=-18000000,DST_OFFSET=3600000]]

My binding is defined as:
$month = $rx.calendarMonthModel.assign($sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:calendar_start’).Date)

rx:calendar_start is 2007-08-01 00:00:00.0

For some reason, your $rx variable is missing the calendarMonthModel object. This means you don’t have an extension registration for it (maybe you never installed fast forward?)
If you have the jar with this code, then you just need to add the following registration.
Shut down the server and add this entry to rxroot/Extensions/Handlers/Java/N/Extensions.xml (where N is the largest number you see.) Restart the server.

<Extension categorystring="jexl" context="global/percussion/system/" deprecated="no" handler="Java" name="calendarMonthModel" restoreRequestParamsOnError="no">
      <initParam name="com.percussion.user.description">Provides details about assigned month for rendering a calendar and events.</initParam>
      <initParam name="com.percussion.extension.version">1</initParam>
      <initParam name="className">com.percussion.fastforward.calendar.PSCalendarMonthModel</initParam>
      <initParam name="com.percussion.extension.reentrant">yes</initParam>
      <interface name="com.percussion.extension.IPSJexlExpression"/>
      <suppliedResources/>
   </Extension>

Thanks Paul!

Is there a way you could post a copy of the Extensions.xml file so i could see if I am missing any other extensions?

Thanks and Happy New Year
Raj

Here’s the extensions.xml from a clean 6.5.2 with FF installed.
Extensions.xml (484 KB)