what is the 'folder' tab used for in the search box

Hi there,

i’d just like some idea of what the ‘folder’ tab on the search window does? The site folder tab drills down into pages and the other tab is for contentid searching but i dont see how the folder search has any benefits as i cant drill into them?

This is for searching content in the Folders area. If you look at Content Explorer at the top level You have +Sites, +Folders, +Views, and +Searches. Content Items that are organized under Folders can be selected via the content browser’s folders tab. By default there aren’t any folders or content under +Folders so that may be why you can’t drill down?

The other thing to keep in mind is that folders do have ACL’s so if the content under +Folders have ACLs set that are not valid for the community/role that you are logged in as, you would also not see the content.

-n

[QUOTE=lisaw;21065]Hi there,

i’d just like some idea of what the ‘folder’ tab on the search window does? The site folder tab drills down into pages and the other tab is for contentid searching but i dont see how the folder search has any benefits as i cant drill into them?[/QUOTE]