Work Flow Actions

I have created a plugin that I want Rhythmyx to run when an image transitions from the Draft state to the Review state. I have created a class that implements IPSWorkflowAction and I believe that I have configured Rhythmyx to run it because I get a ClassNotFoundException when I transition an image from Draft to Review. The documentation said to place the class in <Rhythmyxroot>/AppServer/webapps/RxServices/WEB-INF/lib, but the webapps directory does not exist. I poked around a little and tried dropping my jar file into C:\Rhythmyx\AppServer\server\rx\deploy\rxapp.ear\rxapp.war\WEB-INF\lib, but I am still getting the ClassNotFoundException message. Is this the correct directory to install my jar file? Thanks in advance.

Try /Rhythmyx/AppServer/server/rx/deploy/RxServices.war/WEB-INF/lib - I believe the documentation is being corrected on that point.

Tim,

Which document were you using? If you could cite the topic as well, that would be helpful.

RLJII

Good point, RJLII. I was referring to the documentation for the SFTP plugin, which I don’t think you maintain at this point. I’m told that in Rhythmyx 5.7, the webapps folder was used for all application services, since the application engine services were separate. In the 6.x versions, the JBoss container is embedded within the server, and so application services and jars are contained under the path <Rhythmyx root>\AppServer\server\rx\deploy.

Just to avoid confusion, the SFTP plugin is a customization provided by Percussion PSO. That organization, rather that the documentation team, also provides the supporting documentation for the plugin and is responsible for maintaining both the plugin and the supporting documentation.

I just want to be sure that no one misinterprets your statement to mean that Percussion Software is not maintaining the plugin. We are maintaining it.

Thanks, but I am still getting the error. Here is a copy of the message I am getting:

An error occurred processing the query submitted by session id c796631ae5837d4f036d34a4fe2e7a469e2613fa.

An exception occurred while processing the “Java/global/percussion/workflow/sys_wfExecuteActions” extension: com.percussion.extension.PSExtensionException: The Java handler could not initialize the ml_insert_plugin extension: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.natureserve.landscope.xplugin.RxContentCreationPlugin…

workflow

The documentation was the help application that I accessed from the workflow tab.

Tim,

Just to make sure we have covered all bases, you registered the Workflow Action extension in the Workbench?

When you moved the Java class, you also updated the registration to point to the new location?

RLJII

I used the workbench extensions wizard to register the action, but I never specified a location, just the fully qualified class name.

How do I update the registration to specify the plugin’s location?