Workflow notifications for a community

Hi there

Forgive my ignorance, but I have a basic question about workflow notifications. We’re not currently using these as I’m not entirely clear about how they work. Perhaps it’s best if I outline how I’d like them to work, and then someone who is better informed can tell me if/how it’s possible!

We have a review process in a couple of our workflows whereby a role called Reviewer needs to approve an item for it to go live. In this instance, I would like the users in this role - within the same community to receive a notification (but not those in other communities).

For example, if I’m I’m creating an item in the Chemistry community which requires reviewing, I’d like an email to go to those users who have the reviewer role within the Chemistry community, but not to those in the Physics community.

Is this possible? Has anyone done anything similar?

In addition, we have an aging transition that will mark items as expired when they reach their expiry date. When this happens, I’d like the author to receive a notification. Is this possible?

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt

For example, if I’m I’m creating an item in the Chemistry community which requires reviewing, I’d like an email to go to those users who have the reviewer role within the Chemistry community, but not to those in the Physics community.

That’s exactly how they work, even if you only have one workflow the notification will only be be sent to the workflow role users that have access to the community the content is located in.

In addition, we have an aging transition that will mark items as expired when they reach their expiry date. When this happens, I’d like the author to receive a notification. Is this possible?

Do you mean the original author or the author role? If the author role then this can be done OOTB. If you mean the original author (user) then you may have to create a custom workflow action.

Cheers
James

Hi James

Thanks for your quick response.

That’s exactly how they work, even if you only have one workflow the notification will only be be sent to the workflow role users that have access to the community the content is located in.

That’s excellent news. I hoped that was the way they worked, but wasn’t sure. We have around 60 communities, and I wouldn’t want notifications to go to users who had no connection with a particular community.

Do you mean the original author or the author role? If the author role then this can be done OOTB. If you mean the original author (user) then you may have to create a custom workflow action.

I actually mean the original author (user) as in the Created by column within Content Explorer. Ideally, I’d like notifications to go to the content owner, which is a shared field we have defined and is used for every content item. However, I’m guessing this would be customisation.

How would we go about creating a custom workflow action to send the notification to the author (user)? Is that a Java development thing?

Cheers
Matt