XML file not added to File Content Type

I’m trying to add an xml file to my File Content Type (file is an RSS feed).
After I find the file with the Browse button, updating the item does not add it in.
There is no error that I can see, nor any warnings are thrown. Simply, does not retain it.

Any ideas are welcome.

Igor,

Is this 5.x or 6.x ?

Dave

Rx version we’re running is 6.1., on SQL 2005

Igor,

I tried on my test system. It seems to work for me. I used the fast forward “file” content type and I uploaded one the “server page tags” XML files.

After the update, I can click on the “Preview File” link in the Content Editor, and the XML shows in a new window. Similarly, I can close the Content Editor (which returns me to the Content Explorer) and preview the “B - Binary” Template.

In both cases, I see the XML as rendered by my default browser (Firefox) which is not 100% the same as the XML source. Does your browser do something special with RSS feeds?

Dave

My default browser is IE but I tried it in Firefox as well, same behaviour, and there is no special handling of RSS feeds, or xml in general.
I am not able to Preview File either, like you did, it just displays a blank page. And again, if I try to submit it, it just ignores it.

Igor,

I’ve never seen Rhythmyx do anything like this with NO errors. The errors might not be too visible, but they are probably happening behind the scenes. Have you checked the Server Log file and the Console Log?

Dave

No errors are recorded in Console nor Server logs when I attempt to add it in.

Igor,

This is very strange. It works just fine on my test system. We’ll need to diagnose this further… the first step is to open a support case, and we’ll have to assign somebody to look into it.

Dave

Thank you.

Hey igorh,

When that blank page came in did you try right clicking the page and selecting “view source”? When we started dealing with Rss feeds and Xml files into rhythmyx they displayed as blank pages but some investigation, the resign the page was blank was because the Xml tags are not recognized by our browser that uses Html tag and those hides the tags and there content.

Hi Jay,
When I say blank page, I mean no content whatsoever (even after viewsource).
The xml file is simply not added to the item (after I check the dB, there is no value for the binary file).
I’ve contacted support and I’ll post the answer when I receive it.

Thanks