XML Lookup - Folder path as attribuite

We have a unique situation. We need to pass the display titles of a specific content type under a specific folder as the key value pair for a drop down list. I was trying to use XML lookup application for this but I am not able to specify the folder path in the SQL query. Is there any other way to approach this issue?

Thanks in advance
Ravi

Ravi,
I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to do; do you want to set the display title of a content item automatically, based on dropdown field that is selected by the content author at creation time if that item resides a predefined folder? If so, that sounds like more of a job for a pre-processing extension. Just like the FastForward Image (rffImage) sets the file size, mime type, etc. sets these properties at content entry time by using the sys_imageInfoExtractor(), followed by a couple of calls to sys_CopyParameter (you can see this if you look at the properties of the rffImage content type). I don’t know if you have learned about extensions, but you have write your own Java code and get into the Percussion APIs where you would have access to folder info and everything else you would need. I can’t think of another way to do it that would effectively accomplish this. Let me know if I’ve misunderstood your intent.

Duane

Taylor,

That is not what I am trying to do. I am trying to populate a drop down using an XML application. We have around 50 sites and I am trying to see if I can populate the drop down with the values which belong only to that site. In essence the seletor should have a where clause to dynamically identify the site id and return the values which belong only to that site.

Ravi

Ravi,

Did you ever get this to work? We are working on a similar implementation here, and I would love to gain some insight on how you accomplished this if you did.

Thanks,
Chris