sys_title field validation turn off

Is there any way we can easily turn off the sys_title uniqueness validation?
We need this to be turned off only temporarily as we are doing migration of data, and we are making sure that the sys_title is always unique.

The problem is that uniqueness validation is taking lot of time, which is creating problems in the execution of our scripts.

thanks
Manvinder

see:

For the sys_title (under “Content Types Global Configuration”) we have the following validation rule in place as a regular expression: [a-zA-Z0-9_-]+

Plus, we also have the extension “sys_ValidateUniqueName” as another validation rule (to make sure that there will only be one unique name per folder)

I’m sure if you turn off that validation rule, it will be good to go for you…

OR:

I realize the links above aren’t exactly what you are looking for…so my question to you is: Are you using the batch importer to migrate your data? if so you should be able to edit the source to prevent the checking of unique sys_titles (we have done this on our copy)…

Jitendra,

We are not using the Batch Importer tool. Our data is a little bit more complex. We wrote extensions which migrate the entire data from old cms to Percussion.

We can increase the speed of our migration if sys_title validation is turned off.

Ravi